Wednesday, January 20, 2016
So Close, So Far (Happy Birthday)
Happy birthday to you, join me in a few tears
Lock eyes, say hi, show me deep into my worst fears
You don't know me? I sure know who you are
Inside a mirror, you're me, minus the wear and scars
Same last name? Really? How crazy is that news?
You like Iron Man? I missed the phase of Blues Clues?
Ready to start school? Make friends? Read and write?
Love to be at the Christmas plays, but don't think I have an invite
Turns out I'm an enigma, even to my own bloodline
The answers you have now will be different than the answers of mine
When you're ready to ask, don't be one bit scared
Two sides to every story, so be well prepared
It's going to be dark, shocking, and shoot your heart through the roof
But I swear on all I hold dear, you'll get nothing but truth
I love you.
Happy birthday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment